Winter Activities... Indoors!
I love Netflix and chill as much as the next guy, but it gets a bit depressing when that's the only after work activity you do in the winter. My average January schedule:
8:30am-5:00pm: Work my digital marketing butt off
5:00pm-7:00pm: Eat snacks and dinner until I'm so full I can only wrap myself up in blankets
7:00pm-10:30pm: Watch TV until I fall asleep
Repeat above M-F (with Friday exception of wine & sweets)
Saturday - Sunday: Wake up, watch TV, maybe coffee or brunch or drinks with friends, TV and wine 'til bed around 11:00pm cause I'm an old lady
Needless to say, January was not my healthiest month mentally or physically and it lasted far too long. The weather in Indy has been dismal, but I had to do something to get out of the slump plaguing everyone in the Midwest.
The northern hemisphere paradox is: why is it so difficult to be active during the 5-6 months of winter? I don't know, but it is. Time to switch it up and brainstorm ways to actually live my life in the chill and during the week!
I created a 2018 book list in a post a couple weeks ago, but let's expand upon that idea with more indoor activities.
2018 Winter Indoor Activities ---> :D
- Cook a new, fun, challenging meal, such as sushi
- Pamper day with a massage, face mask, bubble bath, and healthy treats at home or at a spa (Check my insta @mallory.blayne for a pic of me & the hubby trying out face masks together!)
- A simple DIY project, such as painting a wood sign or restoring an old piece of furniture to new
- YouTube a new "class"; my favorite is Yoga with Adrienne
- Board game night!
- Warm up at a coffee or tea shop for a change of scenery
- Find a comfy chair or floor space at home and listen to music with no other distractions
- Venture out into the world long enough to drive and visit a museum or art gallery
- Skype or Facetime your friends Stay cozy & active this winter, my friends!!